Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod

Okay, I thought this was pretty funny, and although it doesn't really "flow" with this post, I had to include it.


So many people are angry about the not guilty verdict handed down to Casey Anthony. 
Is she guilty? I believe so.

When a child drowns in a pool, she ends up in an ambulance, a hospital, a funeral home.

She does not end up in the woods with duct tape on her face.

Did the prosecution prove their case? No.

Did the jury do the right thing? Yes.

What seems obvious to us and probably the jury, too, was not enough to convict her. Her defense did not add up, but the prosecution had no proof.

Infuriating and sad. But we don't have the last word.

The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished.  Numbers 14:18 (NIV)

If she killed that baby, she will give an account to God for what she did.  So we don't have to worry about justice for Caylee.  Who cares more about Caylee -- us or the One who created her?

And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice.  Psalm 50:6 (NIV)

My first cousin, Jason, was murdered 5 years ago.  He was two months older than me, and we grew up together.

His death was by far the most difficult to accept in my lifetime so far.

He was so young, and it was such a senseless act.

His killer was caught, tried, convicted and is in prison.  He did not go free, but he has never admitted he was wrong.  He claimed he killed Jason in self-defense, which is just a further slap in the face of those who love Jason.

I have only seen Jason's killer in photos.  Maybe things would be different if I saw him face to face, but I feel no anger toward him.

The only thing I feel is a strong desire to hear him admit his wrong. 

My desire is not that he suffer and "burn in hell."

My desire is that he confess and ask forgiveness from God and Jason's family.

And I also pray that he finds salvation in Jesus.

Could we also pray the same for Casey Anthony?

Could we let this go and "let God," and pray that she confess and seek forgiveness?

I hope so.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I couldn't have said it better myself. So tired of all of the ignorance going around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome and thank you for commenting!

    It's understandable -- all of the outrage. The murder of a baby will make emotions run high.

    I just wish the truth would've come out!

    ReplyDelete