Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My first commitment to you...

I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and, when I returned to my car in the parking lot, found this gem on the windshield:



Oh, Mr. [owner of Honesty & Pride Lawn Care Service], how my funny bone delighteth in thee...


My friend, Jodie, and I have a little tradition of texting each other with names of businesses we find....uh....for lack of a better word....funny.

Now, be forewarned, you will either find these funny....or you won't get it at all.  If you don't get it, do not despair.  It is probably in your best interest not to find these funny.  I actually envy your innocence.

This volley of ours has been going on for years, and I haven't kept an accurate log, but these are the ones that I've committed to memory:

Got 'Em Talkin' Hair Salon
Daz's Fades with Blades
Clyde's Hair Designs
Shear Indulgence (hair salon)
Ram in the Bush Ministries
Sirius Stylz
Gary's Fashunz for U
Anointed Kutz

There are probably dozens more that I can't remember, and it is my quest to keep a more accurate log.  There are two for sure that I can actually picture the business, but the name just won't come to me. So rest assured, this list will be supplemented at a later date.

And I'm sure you'll all be waiting with bated breath, right?

In that case, my friends, I shall deliver.  All it takes is a wedding or a funeral in another town and I'll be scouring the business signs.

Until we meet again...

8 comments:

  1. Aw man! Now I wish we HAD kept a log!! These are obviously worth saving forever! ...and yeah, there are dozens we can't recall... which is a shame.

    I'm kicking myself for not writing them down b/c now I can't remember anything that's not on that list! (With the exception of one church name...) :)

    I tell ya, these business names make life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you right....especially since I usually see them when I'm out of town attending a funeral...it's like a little "happy" nugget from God. :)

    I think one of the ones I can't remember is the church YOU remember. The other one is a business on the way to VP. That one was GOOD. How could I forget? I blame the children. They've ruined my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - ya'll may still have some in the text message archives on your phones....Handy Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie may have some on her phone, but I just recently deleted my texts bc I was out of room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I shall begin to call you and Jodie "Lucy and Ethel". Yah crack me up!! Yah can have the pleasure of fighting over who is who. :) Plus...that would be much more entertaining for me. Great post! Everytime I see a goofy sign from now on...I will think of you two, Lucy and Ethel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would that be Diligently Favored Auto Paint & Body Shop on Hwy 167 by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, Tammy, that's so sweet! I LOVE that! And Jodie is totally Lucy. ;)

    DannyD, that is the precise establishment I was referring to. That one is probably one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeh...she is isnt she. I just didn't want to tag her too soon. I saw that as soon as I wrote it! :) I love Ethel and I love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete