Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"I am not young enough to know everything." --Oscar Wilde



I don't understand why people say raising kids is so hard.

Personally, I find every moment of it enjoyable and fulfilling.

I don't mind at all that my kids won't eat a single meal I cook.  No, it doesn't bother me that I worked so hard to prepare and serve a meal, and they won't even take so much as a "no, thank you" bite.  I'm actually quite impressed by their ability to assert their independence.

And having the baby crying and hanging on my leg the entire time I cook dinner is actually quite touching.  It makes me feel so loved that she wants to spend that time with me.

When my preschooler screams "It's NOT FAIR!" at me when I ask her to wash her hands for dinner....well, that just shows me that I've instilled a sense of justice in my children.

I especially enjoy the screeches which come from the crib every 30 minutes throughout the night, because of that lost pacifier.  It makes me feel needed.

And when I have to wrestle the toddler on the floor to change her diaper -- well, I'm sure she's just concerned about being modest.  What a relief that is.

When my children fight over toys, I'm actually quite proud of their refusal to be pushovers.

Picking up those toys all day long has been a great help in getting my girlish figure back, too.

And those struggles in the morning to get my daughter to wear what I picked out for her....well, I guess she's just nurturing that budding sense of style.

No, I'd say parenting is really quite easy. 

Especially when you've got it all figured out like I do.

4 comments:

  1. Great title quote. Seriously, you couldn't have picked a better title.

    You don't ever have to worry about me 'stealing' your readers. Actually, it's quite the reverse! :)

    You are wonderful and hysterical and my favorite. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, stop. I have 4 followers. And you're my favorite. I loves me some Jodie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um ... hello. I'm right here.

    I must say that you are a brilliant mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um....you see....what I had meant was....

    haha! Thanks, Mama Belle! And, I promise, you are no chopped liver!

    ReplyDelete