Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise. Psalm 8:2

I've just started a neighborhood Bible study in my home, and we're doing Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore.  If you've never done a Beth Moore study, well, my friend, it is time to do one.  She will knock your socks off.

This is the third study of hers I've done.  The first, A Heart Like His, is about the life of King David.  Fascinating.  The second was Revelation, and it is BY FAR the most mind (and heart) blowing study I've ever done in my entire life.  It was amazing, and you HAVE TO do that study.  You just have to.  And I'm also about to do So Long Insecurity.

But, for now, I've just started Jesus the One and Only, and I was doing my homework today and sobbing (that's what her studies do to me -- but it was good sobbing, if you know what I mean).

So this is the part that really got me.  We're in week 1 of the study, so we're studying His birth.  She's talking about when Gabriel visited Mary to share with her the news that she will soon be with child.  And this Child will be the Son of the Most High.

...and you are to give Him the name Jesus.  (Luke 1:31)

And these are Beth's words:

"Do you realize this was the first proclamation of our Savior's personal name since the beginning of time?  Jesus.  The very name at which every knee will one day bow.  The very name that every tongue will one day confess.  A name that has no parallel in my vocabulary or yours.  A name I whispered into the ears of my infant daughters as I rocked them and sang lullabies of His love.  A name by which I've made every single prayerful petition of my life.  A name that has meant my absolute salvation, not only from eternal destruction, but from myself.  A name with power like no other name.  Jesus.  What a beautiful name."

Boy, could I relate to that.  

That Name is so precious to me.

He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Healer, my Love, my Strong Tower, my King...just to name a few.

I whispered that Name into the ears of my infant daughters as I rocked and sang to them.

And as I read this, and sobbed, this little picture came to my mind.

As I picked Tootsie up from our church nursery this weekend, they handed me this picture that she scribbled on with her crayon.

"Who is that?" I asked her.

"Thee-thuth,"  Tootsie said with a little grin.  

"Jesus."

 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  (Philippians 2:9-11)

Eighteen months old.  That's how old Tootsie is as I write this.  And she's already confessing His Name.

I went back to the Bug's baby book to see if I recorded the first time she said "Jesus."  I didn't write it down, but I did write down that at 28 months, she brought me her little toddler Bible and said, "Bye-bow [Bible].  That's God's Word.  Jesus is God's Word."

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  (John 1:1)

How AMAZING is that??

It just blows my mind that these little children, with their limited vocabulary and seemingly limited understanding, know and love Him.  

And it blesses my heart so.

Lord, let the Name they utter so innocently now be more precious to them each and every day.

Amen.




3 comments:

  1. Amen, Baby. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, so....you had me crying like a big ole' baby with this one! Awesome!! JESUS!! It's all in the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tammy - glad I made you cry....LOL! Don't get to say that too often.

    But I know what you mean. I've actually been thinking about this all week and smiling. ;)

    ReplyDelete