Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Sunday, November 14, 2010

...your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

One of my BFFs, upon entering into the potty-training phase of parenting his girls, came to the conclusion that we girls have a "design flaw."  According to him, we girls pee everywhere and, of course, can't pee standing up.  Never mind he is a pastor and the designer he is critiquing is the Almighty Himself.  Oh, and if you're reading this, Brother, I have two words for you -- well, really, one word and some numbers:

Isaiah 29:16

Don't worry, girls, I got our backs...[wink wink]

Well, I was just beside myself with glee when I stumbled upon this add in the Pearson's Luggage catalog. 

I submit to you Exhibit K -- the GOGIRL.


Only $9.95 people.
And it's made in the good ole' U-S of A.

Okay.  What do you say to this?  Speechless?

Not me.

First of all, I applaud them for their ingenuity.

Second of all, is this really necessary?

I mean, WHEN do you actually need this GOGIRL contraption?  It is the year 2010, right?  We all have indoor plumbing, right?  Well, I kinda didn't a few weeks ago, but that is for another post.

Where are you going to be going, that you will have use for this thing?

Okay, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...

Maybe you could use it when you go camping.  Right, no squatting in the woods.  Okay, I'll give them that. 

Then shouldn't it be in a camping/outdoor catalog?

Okay, more benefit-of-the-doubt-giving...

Okay, it's a luggage catalog.  I'm thinking, maybe it's for people traveling to third-world countries that don't have indoor plumbing.  Yeah....that has to be it, right?

But the suitcases on the preceding page will run you a few Benjamins apiece.  If I'm going to a third-world country, I ain't bringin' no $300 suitcase.

I'm bringing this baby from Wal-Mart[s]:



3-Piece Value Luggage Set, Black - $19.00

I don't know - but I think people are just way too nutty these days.  Like this guy, Dan, on Survivor this season. 

He wore a $1,500 pair of shoes onto survivor.  Another lady on the show, Holly, got mad at him and buried them in the ocean.  Well, if you're stupid enough to wear a $1,500 pair of shoes onto Survivor, you deserve it.  Sorry, buddy.  I "got nothin' for ya'", like Probst says. 

I think I was born in the wrong decade.  I don't think people were this dumb in the 40s.  That's when I should've been born.  I woulda' rocked the 40s.

And that GOGIRL would've come in handy then. 




5 comments:

  1. bff from da NORT. SIDE. Wooh. Wooh.November 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM

    Mama-to-da-drama, you are da bomba.comma. That's all I have to say.

    And I'm just glad you weren't born in the 40s cuz then you'd be all old and stuff and I probably wouldn't wanna hang out witcha. At least now I can pretend like I'm smarter than you cuz I'm so much older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3piece luggage for $20? That can't be real luggage. It's just a pre-recorded hologram. It's just an "image" of luggage. Cold got to be.

    As for the GoGirl... I'm not entirely sure how it works. Do you use it and then put it in your purse? (Can you see yourself rinsing that at the sink after you pee?) (Or sticking it in the baggie and then INTO YOUR PURSE to carry around for the afternoon while you shop....) Or is it a wear-all-day kind of thing? What's the can for? I'm all cornfuthed.

    The Party Cath will be far superior.

    As for ya boy Dan, das a idiot righ' dere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, NORT.SIDE girl, I'm glad I can hang out wicha, too. I be missin' ya'll!

    Jodie, girl, that's some real luggage. It's probably just disposable luggage. Use it, then throw it away.

    as far as the GOGIRL, I'm pretty sure you don't rinse it and put it in your purse. Because if there is somewhere to rinse it, there is probably somewhere to sit and do your business. I'm guessing if you're using this thing, cleanliness is not your top priority.

    that's why we gotta work on the party cath. There will be no questions for consumers. It will be self-explanatory. That's how we rake in da big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing totally grosses me out. In fact, I may not quite understand the whole process itself. Kinda resembles the peeing in a cup thing to me, which we all know is a medical impossibility with our aiming limitations.

    It's totally weird knowing who NORT.SIDE. is. Creepy, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Belle,

    hahahaha! no, this would make peeing in a cup a medical possibility. it's basically a funnel, so it should help with the aiming issue!

    I could not believe it when I saw this thing in the catalog. I guess I've seen it all now.

    ReplyDelete