Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New husband, new book and fairy nonsense

A few weeks ago, the Bug woke up and the first thing she told me was, "Mama, I want to marry Kai."  I knew exactly who she was talking about because I had just chaperoned a field trip for her class, and there is a boy in her class named Kai.  And let's face it - there's not a whole lotta "Kai's" out there.

My first question was, "What about Lightning McQueen?"  You will recall her fondness for the cartoon racecar.

She said, "Princess Bug's gonna get married two times."  Hold up, Sistah'.  Mama ain't havin' THAT.  I told her Princess Bug could only get married once.  Case closed.

So apparently, Lightning McQueen is out of the picture now.  Go 'head, Sally, here's your chance.

Well, yesterday, the Bug authored her first book.  She dictated it to me, and I got it down word-for-word.

It's title?

Princess Bug & Kai Adventures

Catchy, right?

Well, I would give you a sneak peak, but since the entire book would constitute the length of the customary "sneak peak," I will indulge you with the entire manuscript.  You're welcome.

Page - 1 -
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Princess Bug.  There was a prince named Kai.  And they were heroes.  They had to stop mean old Joel with that dragon.
And they have power.
Princess Bug got a sword and a bow and some hand power.
And it was so much fun.
They had to stop everything.

Page - 2 -
Once there was a girl named Chloe who had a pointed side at the end of her bow and arrow.
It was very good have a power. 
And they were heroes.
Kai, Princess Bug and Chloe always saved the day.

Page - 3 -
They always have some powers - every day.
Princess Bug's helpers' names were SpiderMan and Batman.
Batman always get the fire off the clouds.
Spiderman takes the fire off the house.

Page - 4 -
Everything was very great things.
They done saved the day.

Page - 5 -
And they lived happily ever after...
THE END.

I tell you what...this child is makin' in hard on ole' Mama.  I'm not sure which talent I should be cultivating.  I mean, we've got dance, art, and now writing.  Pick a talent, Bug!  Just pick a talent! 

If our kids were fairies, it would be so much easier.  When they were born, they'd just fly by a bunch of tables with various objects representing talents and the appropriate talent would glow when they flew by it.  That's how it went down on the Tinkerbell movie, anyway.  I have no idea how it is for fairies in real life.  Maybe that's just Hollywood.  Maybe it's just as hard for them to pick a talent. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Funny! I loved that story so much, I have to vote for writing... and not just because I was an English Major before I quit school. :)

    I wish I could pass by a table of talents that would glow for me. It would sure simplify things for me... and save me alot of wasted time wondering and wandering.

    It would make parenting easier too - for all of us.

    I love that Bug. She makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! thanks! but I think you've discovered your talent, right? you have the makin' pretty things talent!

    the only talent I've discovered so far is "organization." it's practical, but not really a whole lot of fun. I need to find a fun talent.

    ReplyDelete