Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Monday, July 19, 2010

80 years young

This weekend we celebrated my Pawpaw's 80th birthday with a surprise party at a local seafood restaurant.  Pawpaw's three children and all of his his grandchildren and great-grandchildren were there, except for one cousin's family who couldn't be there because they are missionaries overseas, and all three of my siblings.  [sigh]  Don't get me started. 

Anyway, he was surprised and it was great for everyone to get together.

My favorite part, though, was seeing my little girl sitting on Pawpaw's lap. I have no idea why that touches my heart so much.  Probably because I sat on Pawpaw's lap until I was 13 or 14 years old.

Here's me with my Pawpaw when he was 49, and me with my girls and Pawpaw when he turned 80.

I look at these pictures and think of an old Tracy Lawrence song.  "The only thing that stays the same is everything changes, everything changes...and time marches on."

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet.
    And that picture of you is just beautiful. You're smokin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ... hello. Where have I been? You started a blog? Good for you. Looking forward to being bloggy friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here! started it not too long ago for ma girls. I'm having a hard time finding the time to blog, though. I don't know how ya'll do it!

    ReplyDelete