Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boudin[s]

In an effort to eat a meal without interruption the other day, I gave the Bug permission to take pictures with my camera. I was going through those pictures today, and found this gem.


When the Bug was a wee lass, she was a fatty. It's hard to tell now, but that girl had some rolls. And now, Tootsie, has followed in her big sister's footsteps and is sportin' her own set of rolls. I guess I just have fat babies. All the more to love, I say.

When my grandmother was alive, she would squeeze the Bug's fat legs and call them her "lil' boudins." We still laugh about that.

Well, Mawmaw Bobbie is not with us anymore. She went to be with Jesus before Tootsie was born. I wonder if she can see my lil' Tootsie's "boudins..."


In the very unlikely event there is someone reading this that doesn't know what "boudin" is, I provide the following:

bou•din also Bou•dain (bōō-dān', -dāɴ') n. pl. bou•dins also Bou•dains (-dān', -dānz')
A highly seasoned link sausage of pork, pork liver, and rice that is a typical element of Louisiana Creole cuisine.

Somehow, I know one day my girls will not appreciate having their legs likened to "a highly seasoned link sausage." But they're so cute right now, I struggle daily not to take a bite out of them.

2 comments:

  1. I love dem boudins me! And no they probably won't appreciate that, but I appreciate it because it's sure entertaining to read! :)

    ReplyDelete