Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Because He first loved Me

Isn't it funny how kids will come up with something out of the blue that just leaves you floored?

Yesterday, as we were loading up and leaving the library after Baby Story Time, the Bug asks me, "Mama, do you know what a Christian is?  A Christian is someone who loves Jesus, and I love Jesus, so I'm a Christian."

Talk about just stop you in your tracks. 

Later in the day, we had this conversation while riding in the car listening to Christmas music of all things (in September) --

The Bug:  "Mama, am I worshiping right now?"
Mama:  "Yes, Baby, if you're singing to Jesus, you're worshiping."
The Bug:  "I am singing to Jesus, Mama.  I love to worship Jesus."

Oh, and two days ago, it went down like this --

The Bug:  "Mama, do you know what makes God sad?  Sin."
Mama:  "That's right.  Do you know what sin is?"
The Bug:  "Yes.  It's something that makes God sad."

I don't know if the Spirit is tugging on her little heart or what -- but that girl is just blowing me away this week.

Oh, sweet Jesus, let it last.  Don't let this innocence fade with the years.  Keep her heart always, Lord.  Show me how to nurture this love she has for You, Lord.  And thank you for this incredible gift.  Amen.

1 comment: