Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hush Little Baby (Don't Say a Word)

No matter how bad my day has been...
no matter how stressed out...
no matter how irritated or aggravated...
no matter how defiant the kids were...
no matter how clingy or needy or high-maintenance they were...

This gets me every time --

A sleeping child.

I could have completely lost my temper, yelled and threatened to get in my car and drive away (which I do regularly -- I know, pathetic, right?)...

I go in their room after they're asleep and my heart melts.  They're so beauiful!  They look like angels (and they really are). 

I really have great kids, but we all know that those days come when all you want is for them to go to sleep so you can just have a minute of peace...

...and then sneak into their room and stare at their peaceful little faces. 

Let me let you in on a little secret....I'm hooked on watching my kids sleep -- and I have the photos to prove it.  Here are some of my faves...

The Bug - 5 1/2 mos
The Bug - 9 mos.

The Bug - 17 mos.
The Bug - 23 mos.

The Bug - 2 yrs.
Tootsie - 2 1/2 mos.

Tootsie - 10 1/2 mos.

The Bug - 4 yrs.Tootsie - 13 1/2 mos.

Tootsie - 14 mos.

Now you all see what I mean?  Any other closet [people who stare at their children while they sleep] out there?

4 comments:

  1. Yep - It's one of the best feelings in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean i am oh so a sleeper spy...and regret when i wake them up..cause my peace and quiet is OVER!!

    ReplyDelete