Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another year, another tear


I'm a little late on this, but the Bug turned the big oh-five on Tuesday, and I'm not sure what to think of it.  I didn't get all sad or freaked out about it like I thought I would.

In a way, it's just another number, just like all the rest.  But, in another way, it seems so...BIG.  Turning five is a big deal right?  Starting kindergarten soon, old enough to go to camp...

I keep wondering why I'm not crying.  Will the tears flow like a river on the first day of school???

I do think about how FAST it has gone, and it kinda makes me queasy.  If the first five years flew by this fast, will the rest?  Oh, Lord, let her go to a local college.  Let her live at home until she's married.  And let her wait until she's 30 to get married.

I know this is not the right stuff to be praying.  I just don't know what I'm GOING.TO.DO!!!!

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself.  But it's going by so quickly, it seems as though the time is getting ahead of me.

What I want to know is this -- why didn't time go by this fast when I was a kid???  I feel like I been robbed!

Well, I'll quit playing my violin long enough to tell you this.

The other day, I was loving on her and she said something about turning five in a few days.  I said, "I know, I can't believe it!  It makes me sad!  My little baby is growing so fast."

This is what the Bug said to me.  "Oh, Mama, I'll always be your baby."

Yes, the tears did flow then.  That was some healing salve to a heavy heart is what it was.  That girl is so wise.  She knew just what her Mama needed to hear.

So I'll just keep watching while my baby grows.

I am comforted by the fact that when I watch her sleep, I can still see that little baby chin....those little baby lips...those big baby eyes.  My little baby is still in that little body that keeps getting longer by the second.

God, I love that kid.

Happy Birthday, Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment